23 Things

You have reached my blog for 23 Things which Maryland Public Libraries are investigating this summer. What a great way to introduce staff to the new technologies available on the web. I look forward to the fun and the learning! ~ Ann


The photo displayed is from the National Gallery of Art website. Martin Johnson HeadeCattleya Orchid and Three Brazilian Hummingbirds, 1871Gift of The Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation1982.73.1

http://www.nga.gov/cgi-bin/pimage?60978+0+0

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Week 1 & 2

WEEK 1 - Blogging and Life Long Learning
#1 Read over the 23 things blog.

There has been some frustration with getting things done. I am now trying to get ahead of staff so I can be in a better position to help them when they get stuck.

Looked over some of the blogs that have been registered and am very impressed. Some are quite fancy. I do hope that those who have been frustrated will start to relax, get the help they need and start having fun.


#2 Lifelong Learning and L2
Setting goals -- ah, so necessary in order to accomplish anything. Adding the 1/2 to play = enjoy the process. Many of the hardest things I have done in life have also given me great enjoyment in the process as well as the result. Working on my educational goals, many seemed so long term, but little by little the efforts reach the goal.

In order to set a new goal, one which I would like to pursue with the following documentation, is to improve my skills with my digital camera.
Learning Contract:
Goal: Improve skill with taking digital photos
Obstacles: Time/Interruptions
Toolbox: Web & Other Resources/Digital Camera/Discs/Paper/Better Printer
Resources for Help: Olympus site and listserv/manual (paper and software help)
Path to Goal: Each week, set aside one hour for project (do this on paper calendar - visual - as reminder)
Check in: Every 2 weeks
Sign It: ahr


WEEK 2 - Getting Set Up and Registered
#3 Setting up Blog & #4 Registering Blog and Tracking Progress -- Done

No comments: